Today I worked more on the swatch handbag, focusing on the strap. Here’s what I did:
- Ironed the interfacing onto the wrong side of the strap. I realized at this point that I should have made it narrower – maybe 7/8″ instead of 1″ because it was difficult to fold back in half, but I made it work.
- Folded under approximately 1/4″ on both sides for a seam allowance and ironed in place.
- Folded in half lengthwise, matching the sides as best possible, and pinned.
- I then edge stitched the open side, but had a lot of difficulty. I tried using Clover Wonder Clips instead of pins – not sure if that helped, maybe a little. Finally, I just had to accept that it wasn’t going to be perfect but good enough.
- Lastly, I edge stitched the folded side, which went very quickly.
Below is the finished strap. Glad to be done with that part!!