Getting there with the swatch purse. Today I finished sewing the body of the handbag together and sewed the straps and flap to the body. Then I realized that the flap wasn’t laying right, so I added a filler piece to both the outside and liner and then reattached the flap.
I’m still not 100% satisfied with it, so I’m probably going to un-attach the straps, add a wider piece at the base, and re-attach. But I will let my brain consider this overnight and might change my mind.
After that, I just need to attach the liner to the outer body, do some edge stitching, and add a closure (probably hook-and-loop, aka generic Velcro) under the flap.
I’m pretty happy with the results so far.