This 30 minutes a day idea is turning out to be fun and to my liking – already considering other potential ideas.
Today ended up being about as productive as yesterday – 3 more pieces cut, this time of the liner fabric. The fabric is tricky to work with as it is very soft and “drapey,” so I let go of the idea of getting each piece perfectly squared off and on grain. I did the best I could by rough cutting each liner piece first, then re-ironing with lots of heavy duty starch. I think I got very close – close enough. I don’t think the re-starching helped much, though.
Below is the bag I’m using as a rough idea on size. To account for seam allowances, I’m cutting each piece about 1″ to 1 1/4″ larger than what I measure from this bag. Oh yeah, and that’s part of my cat Madeline, who often likes to “help” me with my sewing.
Thanks for stopping by!