OK, back to it. Sorry for the delay.
I worked on the “Very Paisley Tote” more on Friday and Saturday, but then was not able to get to it for three days. New plan: Do the 30 minute challenge each weekday and then blog about it on Saturdays. But for now, I’m going to post what I have.
On day 4 (Friday), I managed to cut the two liner end pieces as well as the two main panels (see above). For the panels, I chose areas of the Paisley Prince Songbook pattern that I thought had the most interesting motifs, but I didn’t manage to get the very large dove (above, lower left) in one of them. I will find another use for this lovely motif, either as an appliqué on this tote or in another project. Also, I do have a fair amount of the fabric left and a potential plan for it. But you will just have to wait and see what that is.
Above is my beloved assistant, Madeline, with my results from day 5 (Saturday). I completed all of what I’ll call the framing – to go around each of the Paisley Prince Songbook main panels. But I left those pieces oversized for now. Also, to the upper right is one of the straps. The other has not yet been cut.
Next steps: Start sewing! Yay! I do have a few more pieces to cut at some point – the other strap, the strap liners, and a couple pieces for a pocket. (My friend gave me that cool idea – a designated library card pocket.)
That’s it for today – hope it’s making some sense. If anyone has questions about making your own tote using another as a template, please feel free to message me or leave a comment below.