Progress has been made! I did have a few setbacks due to the tension on my machine still being off. I finally settled on using a different thread, which seems to be working much better.
Also, I didn’t work on this on Friday – too focused on KonMari-ing. That’s the Marie Kondo “Spark Joy” tidying method – I won’t go into it much except I’m loving it and finding lots of ways to pare down my possessions. Yay!
As you can see, I have completed sewing the outer main tote together. I also started making a little pocket for the inside of the tote (gold piece to the right). Almost done with the cutting, too – just need two more strap liner pieces. Looking at this, I’m feeling hopeful that I will be done next week.
What’s left to do:
- sew together liner pieces and pocket
- cut two more strap pieces
- sew strap outsides to insides
- trim seams at corners – tote body and liner
- locate straps on tote body and sew in place
- pin liner to tote body and sew, leaving gap for turning
- turn piece and top stitch to close gap
Am I being too hopeful for completion by end next week? I guess I’ll find out soon enough.
Paisley Prince Songbook fabric available at Spoonflower. Fabric as well as (beautiful!) finished products also available in the PaisleyPowerShop on Etsy. I think the chiffon scarf is especially lovely and unique.
Thanks for stopping by!