I’ve been in need of a break, so I tried for an easy dot yesterday. I had done a bunch of dot drawing prior to finalizing and uploading the first one, and I used one of those drawings yesterday instead of creating a new one.
Below is the before and after. I must admit, I’m not 100% happy with it, having wanted to retain more of the playful painterly quality of the original while getting rid of the messiness. I currently have two main techniques for doing this in Clip Studio Paint: digital watercolor and “tone scraping.” The former, I think you can probably visualize pretty well and the latter leaves more of a rough texture (think old concrete sidewalk). Anyway, they still are fairly time consuming for me and I think it might suit me to come up with more texturing strategies as well. But not yesterday as I just didn’t want to invest my time or mental energy in that direction.
And today I’m really going to take a break – well sort of (haha). I will probably do some drawing but not any digital editing, which, in case anyone is wondering, requires scanning, vectorizing, and cleaning up the original and generally takes about 3 times as long as the original drawing.
Thanks for stopping by!