30 Day Design Experiment, 6 of 30

Edit 8/23/20: In the end, I didn’t order the watercolor version. The other two look great and are now for sale in my shop.

Yesterday’s design was again, more simple and bold. I did try out a few versions, though: plain, watercolor texture, and canvas texture. As I create new collections, I plan to shift more to a few core, complex main designs along with some bolder, simpler designs. The latter can be used in more than one collection with a change in colorway.

Below, “Mod Plaid” in fat quarter view with it’s various added textures. The textures were added to the blocks only, not the surrounding green outline. The captions near the bottom of each are the direct fabric links. I am most pleased with the plain, non-textured version (left) and the canvas texture (right). However, the watercolor version (middle) still seems lacking to me, not enough variegation and too close to the plain version. Oh well, that’s why calling this an experiment is quite appropriate.

And, because this design is bold and large scale and also has a vertical feel, I’m liking how it looks on the curtains. Non-textured version shown.

Finally, the original drawing, completed around May 15, 2020, on the same sheet as yesterday’s curvy stripe design:

Thanks for stopping by!

Monica

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s