It’s been over 6 weeks since my 40-day Creative Journey ended. Although I’ve seen changes, I wasn’t convinced much big had happened, until this morning, when I woke up excited to start my day. This is a big deal to me, actually a huge deal, after years of low mood issues.
I’m still following a morning routine, aka “alignment practice,” as follows:
- Meditating 15 minutes.
- Enjoying a “single-task” cup of coffee.
- Doing a few minutes of stretches while the coffee brews.
- Drawing for 30 minutes.
- Meditating for 20 minutes more.
I also take a walk for at least 25 minutes (almost) every day, although not always in the morning. It feels great to be consistent with some self-care items (meditating, exercise) and creating more polished drawings (perhaps over several days) for new designs.
Now, here’s a small sample of the positive results from my 40-day Creative Journey and beyond. I’ve been:
- Eating much healthier,
- Walking consistently as mentioned above,
- Getting my house slowly and steadily neater and cleaner,
- Approaching each day and week in a more organized way,
- Feeling more confident about my designs,
- Making steady progress toward creating new designs,
- Feeling more productive each week, and
- Waking up feeling better and better each morning.
Perhaps I’ll go more into detail about this at some point. For now, thanks for stopping by! I hope you are enjoying your own journey today.